You should blog more often. You already know this. It’s good for you, it’s good for your blog, and if you're a small business owner, it’s good for your business. And those who post more get more readers, pure and simple. But you’re so busy! And blogging can be time-consuming! But it doesn’t have to be. Here’s five ways to put up more blog posts without having blogging take over your life.
1. Take one blog post and make it three. Or five. You get the idea. You’ve taken the time to write something up, and that’s awesome. But the fact of the matter is, people read the Internet in two ways: A quick scan to get a small amount of information or a longer, more loving sit-down with a really well-written lengthy piece. So if your content falls into the first category, make sure you break it up and get all your information out there and read. Stick to 3-4 paragraphs per post. When the content is related, link to it. You’ll find your blog getting more viewership and the information being better absorbed.
2. Remember photos and videos are content, too. Sometimes you don’t need to say anything else. Post a photo or a 30-second video clip and let the pictures do the talking! And spread them out. Share one or two photos at a time so you have more posts!
3. Share other people’s stuff. Other
people are out there every day, creating great content that will
interest your readers. You see it pop up in your Facebook newsfeed and
as you’re surfing around the world wide web. It’s good for your brand
and your blog to bring in other, relevant perspectives.
Check out how we do this with this post aimed at getting people talking about a hot topic. Just be sure to follow these three simple rules for fair and ethical aggregation: 1.) Always credit your source and link to it whenever possible. 2.) Add value with your own voice and perspective. This doesn't have to be a lot. It can be as simple as a sentence or two that says if you do or don't like something. 3.) Give readers a reason to click through. Tell them some but not all of the information.
4. Do roundups! When you write a couple posts a week, round them up into a weekend post to get yourself even more readers! People stumble across things on the web a variety of ways — through search, through social, through direct links — so posting things more than once is likely to attract a completely new set of eyeballs. You can do a weekly and monthly roundup, or both! Check out how we do this weekly roundup of content from Los Gatos Patch. Or you can take related content and reshare it. Use content again and again!
5. Use lists. People love lists! This is a list. The Internet, especially, loves lists! People like to read things and digest things quickly online. Like, don’t you really want to read this post called "5 Ways to Grow Your Blog Audience Through Social Media." Present what you have to say in easy-to-write, easy-to-read lists and watch your audience grow!Sign up for the free Los Gatos Patch newsletter | Like Los Gatos Patch on Facebook | Follow @GatosPatch on Twitter | Blog on Los Gatos Patch | Follow Los Gatos Patch on Instagram