The Los Gatos Union and the Los Gatos-Saratoga Joint Union High school districts have their board of education meetings tonight, Tuesday, Jan. 15 at 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. at the Thomas P. O’Donnell District office board room, 17010 Roberts Rd., and at Saratoga High School, 20300 Herriman Ave., respectively.
Los Gatos Union School District trustees will consider the following:
- Governing board retreat: Brown Act meetings, protocols and roles
- Closed session begins at 8 p.m. to discuss labor negotiations with the Los Gatos Employees Teachers' Association, the Los Gatos Union Classified Employees Association and Superintendent Diana Abbati's mid-year evaluation.
- Regular session reconvenes at 8:55 p.m. to discuss the governance calendar for the 2012-13 school year.
The Los Gatos-Saratoga Joint Union High School District trustees will consider the following:
- Study session on health benefit changes
- Closed session begins at 5:45 p.m. to discuss employee discipline/dismissal/release; public employee performance evaluation/employment of Superintendent Bob Mistele; provide direction to Mistele regarding negotiations with the District's Teachers' Association and the California School Employees Association, chapter 875; anticipated litigation of two cases and student expulsion/readmission.
- Regular session will recognize Los Gatos High School Student of the Month Hannah Chen, Saratoga High School Student of the Month Prachi Dholakia and SHS student Edgar Chen, for earning a perfect score on the AP computer
science exam in the spring of 2012.
- Discussion of Wadas and Associates/SHS Foundation project to
provide fundraising services for the construction of a new Sports Plaza and
replacement/renovation of athletic facilities at SHS
- Review Gov. Jerry Brown's budget proposal for 2013‐14
- Receive and accept an annual audit report presented by Ahmad Gharaibeth from Vavrinek, Trine, Day and Co., LLP
- Approve agreement with NTN for fall 2013 implementation of New Tech Network
program at LGHS