Eish Kapoor, Age 12
Schools: Young Genius Learning Center in Los Gatos, seven-grader at University Preparatory Academy in San Jose
- Topper, Sakamoto Elementary School; received special citation for Quality Performance and Outstanding Academic Excellence
- 4-time All-Star pitcher in Oakgrove Little League Baseball
- Founder and President of the Innovation, Design, Engineering and Animation Club at UPA, where it is the club with highest membership
- Top-3 speaker, as part of the Young Genius team, at the Harker Debate Tournament
- Math’s Award Recipient (with 99 percentile) from Center For Talented Youth, John Hopkins University
- Straight-A student throughout his academic career
Key To Awesomeness:
“Eish is an inquisitive young man with a passion for learning. He always pushes himself to a level of perfection in everything he attempts," said Mrs. Nada Bennett, Eish’s mathematics teacher. “From creating ideas and leading the IDEA club to being an A-plus student in mathematics, he goes all out to accomplish and excel.”
Indeed, Eish goes above and beyond in the areas he is passionate about—technology, sports and academics that he balances with generous helpings of Assassin’s Creed and ESPN, according to Helen Heinsohn, owner of the Los Gatos Young Genius Learning Center.
His quest for knowledge and fervor for technology led him to found the IDEA club at his middle school, University Preparatory Academy. As the club’s president, Eish is working with other student officers to develop projects for prestigious competitions like the Intel Science And Engineering Fair, Heinsohn said.
A sports aficionado, Eish chose baseball, where as a left-hand pitcher he has led his team to the All Star championship for the past four years. His interest in the sport runs much deeper as in addition to playing it he follows the sport avidly (try quizzing him about any MLB player or game stat) and maintains a sports blog directed toward middle-school kids, Heinsohn added.
Eish’s role models and biggest motivators are entrepreneurs like Steve Jobs who have transformed the world with the combination of science and technology.
“Eish has been an important competitor for the Young Genius Debate Team. He wins a very high percentage of his debates. Earlier this year he had a perfect winning record at a high school tournament even though he is a middle school student. We can rely on him for exemplary behavior, positive attitude and creative argumentation. He has been a big part of our success,” Heinsohn said.