The establishments were among 100 businesses that were certified as being environmentally friendly during fiscal year 2012-13.
The town's green businesses are:
- Andale Mexican Restaurant, 6 and 11 No. Santa Cruz Ave.
- County of Santa Clara Department of Parks and Recreation, 298 Garden Hill Dr.
- CPR Training Solutions
- Dentist Cristina Herrera
- Double D's Sports Grille
- Erik Swanson Orthodontics
- Eucalyptus Magazine
- FMS Reliability
- H. T. Harvey & Associates
- Integra Insurance Services
- Kitchens of Los Gatos
- Los Gatos Parent Nursery School
- Nirvana Aveda Concept Salon
- Oak Meadow Dental Center
- Presentation Center, Retreats and Conferences
- RMR Financial (dba Princeton Capital and dba Mortgage California)
- Sereno Group Real Estate
- Skyland Community Church
- The Young Professionals, Inc.
- Tigo Energy, Inc.
- Town of Los Gatos
- Town of Los Gatos - Fleet Division
- We've Got Your Back
To earn the certification, each business must participate in a rigorous review of its energy efficiency, recycling, water conservation, and pollution prevention practices.
To become certified, businesses complete one of 18 industry-specific checklists.
A green business specialist from the county’s Integrated Waste Management Division verifies each environmental measure the business has noted on their checklist.
Since the program's launch in 1999, more than 650 businesses have been certified in the county, according to county officials.