Community Emergency Response Team, or CERT teams will host emergency preparedness displays at various locations in town to educate the public and provide the following tools:
- 72 hour emergency supply list
- Family communication and reunion plans
- Tips for Earthquake and Pandemic Flu
- Preparedness for seniors, pets and residents with special needs
- Safeway: 470 No. Santa Cruz Ave.
- Safeway: 15549 Union Ave.
- Safeway: 1500 Pollard Rd.
- Ace Hardware: 15300 Los Gatos Blvd.
- Lunardi's Market: 720 Blossom Hill Rd.
Events planned during the rest of October include:
- 9 a.m.-noon, Saturday, Nov. 2, personal emergency preparedness training in the Los Gatos Town Council Chambers, 110 E. Main St.
- 6-9 p.m., Nov. 5-16, West Valley CERT Academy training in the Los Gatos Town Council Chambers and Police Operations Building, 15900 Los Gatos Blvd. Cost is $35. Register by emailing email@example.com, or by calling 408-378-4010.
- 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 16, CERT graduation, location to be announced.
- 8 a.m.-noon, Sunday, Oct. 13, Los Gatos Farmers' Market, Town Plaza Park, corner of Main Street and Montebello Way.