- A building fire occurred at 3:51 p.m., Aug. 9, on Debbie Lane in Saratoga due to failure of equipment or heat source causing about $2,000 in damages.
- A building fire occurred at 6:12 p.m., Aug. 9, on Afton Avenue in Saratoga due to construction workers sweating a copper pipe, which caused $3,500 in smoke and fire damage to an interior wall.
- A building fire occurred at 12332 Saraglen Drive in Saratoga at 12:38 p.m., Aug. 16 when a dishwasher ignited due to electrical arcing. Damages were estimated at $4,000.
- The fence of an unattended building located at 19951 Douglass Lane in Saratoga burned at about 7 p.m., Aug. 11, causing about $10,000 in damages.
- An unattended cigarette caused the storage room of a building at 12471 De Sanka Ave. in Saratoga to burn at 12:16 p.m., Aug. 12, causing $2,500 in property damages.
- A cooktop burned at 1:41 p.m., Aug. 13, after plastic was left on the gas burner on Brookglen Drive in Saratoga causing $25 in damages.
Storage Area Fire
- An outside storage area fire occurred at 3:11 p.m., Aug. 13 when car parts and tools were ignited by combustible left against a house located on Ten Oak Way in Saratoga.
Passenger Vehicle Fire
- A passenger vehicle fire ignited at 11:50 a.m., Aug. 14 on Redwood Estates Drive due to equipment failure in the mechanical-engine area, causing $1,000 in content loss.
- A passenger vehicle fire occurred at 4:42 p.m., Aug. 18, on Highway 17 and Highway 9 in Los Gatos. Loss was estimated at $150.
Grass/Natural Vegetation Fire
- A grass-and-brush fire occurred at 2:39 p.m., Aug. 14 on Alma Bridge Road in Los Gatos. Cause is undetermined and the small blaze triggered a power outage.
- A vegetation fire was reported at 1:17 p.m., Aug. 17, on Lark Avenue and Oak Road in Los Gatos. Its cause is undetermined.