.

Fireplace Ashes Spark Leaf Fire in Los Gatos

No injuries were reported in Sunday afternoon blaze.

Written by Patch Staff

The Santa Clara County Fire Department responded to a small residential leaf litter fire Sunday, Dec. 15 in Los Gatos. The fire, reported at 4:01 p.m. on Oneda Court, apparently was caused by hot ashes from a chimney fireplace.

The blaze was extinguished and no injuries or property losses were reported.

--

Sign up for the free Los Gatos Patch newsletter Like Los GatosPatch on Facebook | Follow @GatosPatch on Twitter | Blog on Los Gatos Patch | Follow Los Gatos Patch on Instagram   

DD December 17, 2013 at 02:00 PM
Is the burnt plastic smell around town from this fire? It smells pretty bad outside.
Eriko Hiraiwa DeMilta December 17, 2013 at 03:49 PM
This incident from Sunday but, yes, it does smell bad outside right now!
Eriko Hiraiwa DeMilta December 17, 2013 at 04:07 PM
FYI http://santaclaraca.gov/index.aspx?page=50&recordid=2533

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »