1. Hearts, cupids, and red roses; Edna Barth
The history of Valentine's Day and the little-known stories behind its symbols.
2. Lego Harry Potter, Jon Richards
Combines Harry Potter facts with in-depth profiles and photographs, detailing the multiple variations of favorite LEGO-rendered characters from Harry and Ron to Snape and Voldemort.
3. Standing small: a celebration of 30 years of the Lego minifigure, Nevin Martell
Discover more about the LEGO universe and their cult mini-figures with this unique slipcased set. Explore and celebrate the fascinating story of LEGO and its much-loved toys and games and find out all about their cult mini-figures. (amazon)
4. The complete history of our presidents, Michael Weber
Discusses the political lives and times of the men who served as United States presidents, their administrations, and the events which occurred during their tenures.
5. The story of flight: Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum, Judith E. Rinard
This book, based on the outstanding collection of the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum in Washington D.C., tells the story of the remarkable people -- dreamers, inventors, and pilots -- who turned that dream into a reality.
6. Valentine's Day; candy, love, and hearts, Elaine Landau
hree origins of the holiday are presented, followed by ways in which the day is celebrated around the world.
7. Ruby Bridges, Madeline Donaldson
A biography of Ruby Bridges, the first African American student to attend William Frantz Public School in New Orleans and the subject of a 1964 Normal Rockwell painting.
8. Tentacles!: tales of the giant squid, Shirley-Raye Redmond
Describes some of the exaggerated stories that have been told about giant squids and also what scientists have learned about their real phyiscal characteristics and behavior.
9. Mission San Francisco de Asis, Mary Null Boule
A detailed Mission book written just for students (amazon).
10. NFC North, Bob Woods
Introduces the four teams that form the National Football League's North conference.