The bar and nightclub -- voted Silicon Valley's best place to dance AND best live music venue -- celebrated its second anniversary with its new look, new staff and new clientele.
Formerly Mountain Charley's with, let's call it, a "checkered' past, the bar's current owners invested more than $1,000,000 into a complete remodel.
"We're really proud of the transformation," said Lara Farwell, owner and operator along with her husband, Joe. "Charley's is back to being an upscale nightclub."
Charley's is not only drawing local patrons, it's also making a mark as a popular place for such area bands as The Houserockers, Rusty and Diablo Road.
"We're doing a lot to bring these local bands back," Farwell said, adding that DJs take over later in the evenings for the 20-something crowds.
And Charley's roster is a revolving list to suit all tastes .. country nights with line-dancing, singles and professional mixers, jazz jams, private events.
"It's taken a while to change the perception -- but Charley's is safe again," Farwell said. "And it's beautiful."
Some of this week's events:
- Monday -- free live jazz jam from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Tuesdays in May will start a jam session hosted by Paul Kent of the Houserockers.
- Wednesday -- April 23 -- is a networking after-work event from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Details: http://networkafterwork.com,
- Thursday -- Live country music by "Wanted."
- Friday -- Houserockers play live 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. followed by DJ KMAC.
- Saturday -- Rusty band Live 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. followed by DJ Big B.