The 85th Academy Awards show is Sunday, and with it comes the recognition of movies that have run us through the gamut of history, emotion and imagination.
How do you watch the Oscars? Patch wants to highlight Academy Awards party traditions in Arcadia. Share your Oscars-watching routine in the comments. Bonus points if you have a photo to share of past celebrations.
If you're looking for things to do, several bars and restaurants in town are hosting Oscar viewing parties starting early in the afternoon. Most bars will serve happy hour drink specials and Oscar ballots until the show ends.
Movie fans celebrate the Oscars at Hobee's Los Gatos with the following super cinematic special: Choose from Les Miser-ommie, Silver Linings Scramble, Zero Dark Chocolate Pancakes and Spielburgers. Top it off with a Life of Chai Energy Blend. (Oops, looks like they snubbed Affleck, too!)
Visit the Academy Awards website for a list of all nominees in each of the 24 categories.
Hosting your own Oscar party? Here are some fun tips. And the nominees are:
- The Huffington Post offers 10 free printables for your party. Print an awards ballot and test your Hollywood savvy against your friends’.
- Whether you gather around the TV with your glasses of wine or leave it on for background noise, the Academy Awards show is a great excuse to drink— the celebrities are certainly imbibing. Make the awards more fun with these Oscar-inspired cocktails.
- You don’t have to be famous to join this celebrity-clad event. Buy disposable cameras and scatter them around your place. Requiring your guests come dressed in their red carpet best can make for Oscar-appropriate images. If you really want to go overboard, you can take Vanity Fair’s lead and rent a photo booth like it does for its Oscar party each year.
- It's Oscar Time in Los Gatos
- Los Gatos Oscar Winners
- Cocktails to Complement the Oscars
- Poll: Which Movie Will Win The Oscars?