1. There's a wocket in my pocket! Dr. Seuss
A household of unusual creatures help beginning readers recognize common "household" words.
2. Barbie: I can be a pet vet, Mary Man-Kong
Barbie wants to be a pet doctor! Join her as she helps a vet take care of puppies, kittens, horses, and many other lovable pets. (amazon)
3. Strawberry shortcake: school friends, Lana Edelman
The Berrykins are afraid to go to school! Strawberry and her friends teach them what school is like.
4. I wish that I had duck feet, Theo LeSieg
A boy imagines what it would be like if he had such things as duck feet, a whale spout, and an elephant's trunk.
5. The rain is a pain, Amy Hsu Lin
When his hopes for trying out his new roller skates are thwarted by an untimely rainstorm, Splat the Cat finds a way to have a fun-filled indoor adventure.
6. Henry and Mudge and the happy cat: Cynthia Rylant
Henry's family takes in a stray cat, the ugliest cat they have ever seen, and an amazing relationship blossoms between it and their big dog Mudge.
7. I broke my trunk! Mo Willems
Gerald the elephant tells his best friend Piggie a long, crazy story about how he broke his trunk.
When Thomas the Tank Engine decides not to make his usual station stops one day, he learns that faster is not always better.
9. Splat the cat sings flat, Rob Scotton
Splat the cat is very nervous when his class prepares to sing on Parents' Night.
10. Head, shoulders, knees, and toes, Jeannie Winston
Children and animals act out the words to a familiar song that teaches about body parts.