1. The Santa Clara County United Veterans Council presents its 93rd annual Veterans Day parade in downtown San Jose at noon today, Friday, Nov. 11, at the corner of Santa Clara and Delmas streets. An opening ceremony will take place at 11 a.m. at Plaza de Cesar Chavez and the keynote speaker will be Brigadier General Gary Medvigy, with the 351st Civil Affairs Command Moffet Federal Air Field. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
2. will be closed today, Friday, Nov. 11, in honor of Veterans Day. The offices will also be closed, including its records office. Regularly scheduled patrol shifts, however, will be on duty as well as dispatch services. The will also be closed, but will resume regular hours on Saturday, Nov. 12. Town Hall will reopen on Monday, Nov. 14. Garbage and recycling pickup provided by West Valley Collection will occur as normal on Friday, Nov. 11. All Los Gatos schools will also be closed Friday in honor of Veterans Day.
3. Rootstock Wine Bar Los Gatos, 217 N. Santa Cruz Ave., officially opened for business Thursday, Nov. 10. See the company's website for more information and hours of operation. Details: Gino Fumia, 408-354-7668.
4. Annual e-waste recycling event 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 13 at the 14855 Oka Rd, suite 201. Bring your old electronics to the center's parking lot so they can be recycled in an Earth friendly way. Funds from the e-waste portion of the event go towards the JCC Maccabi Games. Details: Jason Goldstein at Jason@svjcc.org, or 408.357.7497.
5. The 26th annual Los Gatos Art Association annual members' juried show runs through Dec. 4 at the , 14855 Oka Rd. Dozens of oils, acrylics, pastels, sculptures and other art is on display and for sale during the exhibit. The event is free and open to the public. Details: 408-357-7492, or email@example.com.