1. El offer a monthly "Heart to Heart" support group to provide information and emotional support for persons with cardiac conditions and their family members. Guest speakers are often featured. Meeting takes place 4:30-6 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 7, in meeting room C, 815 Pollard Rd. Details: El Camino Hospital health line at 800-216-5556.
2. Make reservations today to attend the 's mixer, 5:30-7 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 8, at Montalvo Arts Center, 15400 Montalvo Road, in Saratoga. $5 for everyone. Bring lots of brochures, coupons and business cards for a friendly networking. If you would like to donate a
raffle prize to promote your business for this mixer or future mixer, please contact Marie or chamber staff at 408-354-9300. We suggest you consider car pooling.
3. On Thursday, Dec. 8, the Santa Clara County Library Bookmobile will be visiting 19621 Black Rd., 10:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.; Playfield, 23800 Summit Rd., 2-3:30 p.m. and Redwood Estates, 4-5 p.m. Details: 408-293-2326 x 3060.
4. The , 4 Tait Ave., presents Renovated Reputations, a free multi-faceted exhibition of recent paintings by Kenney Mencher, 7-8 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 3. The presentation, which runs through Jan. 5, includes readings of fiction inspired by the artwork, jazz performance and dancing. The "meet-the-artist" reception takes place from 5-6 p.m. and it's for museum members only. Mencher is a painter and a professor of art history and studio art at Ohlone College in Fremont. He is also the gallery director and curator at the Louis–Meager Art Gallery. Details: Emily Welch, 408-395-7386.
5. "Traps, Maps, and Money Belts," is the name of this exhibit which highlights many of the Museums of Los Gatos' collection items and images from the Hooked on Los Gatos collaborative photo project. The show runs 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Wednesday through Sunday through Jan. 29 at the , 75 Church St. Details: 408-395-7375.