1. The American Red Cross Northern California Region is sponsoring a mobile blood drive that's open to the public 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 13, at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 12770 Saratoga Ave., in Saratoga. Details: 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or go to redcrossblood.org. Sponsor code: POPLC84 to schedule an appointment.
2. The trustees will meet at 6:30 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 13 in the Fisher Middle School Library. To see the agenda, click here. Details: 408-335-2000.
3. Good Samaritan Hospital sponsors a free weekly marijuana anonymous meeting 8-9 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 13, through Outpatient Behavioral Health, in PHP group room #292, second floor. Details: 408-559-2000.
4. Make your personal Judaica more meaningful by creating it yourself! Join the Center for Jewish Life and Learning for an art workshop at the Jewish Community Center, 7-9 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 15. Participants will explore one of the major themes of Hanukkah: lights. Inspired by the series at the Contemporary Jewish Museum. Details: APJCC Center for Jewish Life and Learning, 408-357-7411 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, Cal Fire, Santa Cruz and San Mateo counties Unit Chief John Ferreira rescinded the declared suspension of open burning within State Responsibility Area and Local Responsibility Area under contract to Cal Fire on Monday. Open burning is allowed within the unincorporated areas of Santa Cruz County, through April 30, 2012. Open burning can be conducted only on declared burn days, as determined by your local air quality management agency. For updated burn day status information in Santa Cruz County contact Monterey Bay Unified Air Pollution Control District at 1-800-225-2876.