The 25th season of the annual Music in the Park free summer outdoor concert series begins 5-7 p.m. today, Sunday, June 17, in the Los Gatos Civic Center Lawn, 110 E. Main St., a fixture of the Los Gatos summer scene.
Music in the Park, which started more than two decades ago, is produced through a partnership between the Town and Los Gatos Music & Arts, best known for its successful Jazz on the Plazz concert series.
According to the Town's Web site: Lawn chairs are permitted, however, no blankets are allowed on the lawn before or during the concerts. Unattended items of any kind are not permitted before 3 p.m. on the day of a concert. Picnikers may bring beer or wine with their picnic lunches, but all other alcoholic items are prohibited.
The following items are not allowed at any time:
- Tents, umbrellas, grills, portable generators, items that disrupt the concert
- Reserving a seating space by staking and/or cordoning with ropes, tape or any other material
- Hanging or posting anything on trees, plants or light poles
- June 17: Joe Sharino Band
- June 24: Zebop!
- July 1: Sista Monica
- July 8: Tempest
- July 15: White Album Ensemble
- July 22: Opera San Jose
- July 29: Sambada
- Aug. 5: Tony Lindsay
- Aug. 12: (No concert, Fiesta de Artes)
- Aug. 19: Chris Cain
- Aug. 26: Pete Escobedo
There are several public lots without time limits a few blocks from the Civic Center available for parking such as:
- Los Gatos High School rear lot – located at 20 High School Ct, off E. Main St
- Miles Avenue Lot – off University Avenue, at the bottom of the hill
- Park Avenue Lot – located on Park Ave. at W. Main St.
- Underground parking in Lot #4 – between Elm and Gray's, East of Santa Cruz Ave
- South Side Lot – located at S. Santa Cruz Ave., across from the Toll House Hotel
- Montebello Lot – on Montebello next to the Post Office and Town Plaza
- Lot 6 – located on West Main St., at Victory Lane, West of Santa Cruz Ave.
- Lot 5 – between Main St. and Elm St., East of Santa Cruz Ave.
- Lot 4 – between Elm St. and Grays Lane, East of Santa Cruz Ave.
- Lot 3 – between Grays Lane and Royce St., East of Santa Cruz Ave.
- Lot 2 – between Royce St. and Bachman Ave., East of Santa Cruz Ave.