1. If you give a moose a muffin, Laura Joffe Numeroff
Chaos can ensue if you give a moose a muffin and start him on a cycle of urgent requests.
2. Julius, the baby of the world, Kevin Henkes
Lilly is convinced that the arrival of her new baby brother is the worst thing that has happened in their house, until Cousin Garland comes to visit.
3. Fancy Nancy at the museum, Jane O'Connor
Although excited at the prospect of a fancy class trip to the art museum, the bumpy bus ride to get there leaves Nancy feeling anything but fancy.
4. Fancy Nancy sees stars, Jane O'Connor
When a rainstorm prevents Nancy and her best friend, Robert, from getting to the planetarium the night of a class field trip, she has a brilliant idea for making things better.
5. Pinkalicious, Victoria Kann
A little girl who is obsessed with the color pink eats so many pink cupcakes that she herself turns pink.
6. Horton hatches the egg, Dr. Seuss
When a lazy bird hatching an egg wants a vacation, she asks Horton, the elephant, to sit on her egg--which he does through all sorts of hazards until he is rewarded for doing what he said he would.
7. How do dinosaurs eat their food? Jane Yolen
Describes how a dinosaur eats, with no rude noises and while sitting very still.
8. D.W.'s guide to preschool, Marc Tolon Brown
D.W., Arthur's little sister, tells all about what it is like to be in preschool, including essential information about such topics as bathroom breaks, storing things in a cubbie, and sharing at playtime.
9. The Lorax, Dr. Seuss
The Once-ler describes the results of the local pollution problem.
10. The complete adventures of Curious George, Margret Rey
Presents the original adventures of the ingenious little monkey who left the jungle to live with the man in the yellow hat.