Maddie Morris, Age 16
School: Junior at Westmont High School
- Enjoying her second year on the Westmont Varsity Field Hockey Squad
- Appeared on stage in the Westmont production of “The Wiz”
- Recently went to the National Children’s Alliance leadership conference in Santa Clara
- Recently selected to represent Westmont High School at the “Honor the Game” leadership conference
- Third year member of the California Scholarship Foundation
- Attended the International Thespian Society’s State Festival, and was selected to perform for the All-State performance in front of an audience of 1300 people
- Works at Natural Expressions in downtown Los Gatos.
Key to Awesomeness: “Maddie is someone who always has somewhere to go and something to do,” wrote proud mom Amanda Morris.
Maddie maintains a balance between her love of field hockey and her love of theatre all while maintaining her grades and passion for school, according to mom.
Her dedication has earned her the respect of her teachers, coaches and peers. This year she was chosen to participate in two leadership conferences; one for high school sports, and one for high school theatre, said mom.
Maddie has also recently learned to quilt. This passion for crafting, lead her to get a sales job at Natural Expressions in down town Los Gatos, where she loves helping customers put together interesting elements for their next crafting project, mom concluded.
Westmont High School drama teacher Jeff Bengford said Maddie's dedication, enthusiasm and performance skills have grown tremendously in the past few years.
"Maddie is one of those students who is determined to get things right; she pledges a genuine commitment to every task she takes on and she leads by example," Bengford said.