Superintendent Diana Abbati is inviting the public to a series of public meetings that begin Wednesday morning to help draft the organization's future master plan.
is calling that document "Imagine LGUSD Facilities Master Plan 2012-2022" and said it will be a key component of the agency's five-year initiatives.
She also said the six meetings will gather feedback on the district's educational programs, , , student demographic studies, safety, sustainability and guide where future investments need to be made.
Participants can also apply to serve on the district’s facilities planning committee. Applications will be available during the meetings and will also be posted on its website.
The public is asked to come prepared to address three critical questions that will be essential in updating the district's Imagine LGUSD Facilities Master Plan 2012-2022.
The questions are:
- What educational goals do you have that are currently affected by facility needs?
- What expectations do you have related to school facilities?
- What ideas do you have for a future facilities master plan that address the educational needs of Los Gatos students?
The meetings' times and locations are as follows:
- 9:30-10:30 a.m., Wednesday, Nov. 16,
- 8:30-9:30 a.m., Tuesday, Nov. 29,
- 9:30-10:30 a.m., Wednesday, Nov. 30,
- 6-7 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 30,
- 10:30-11:30 a.m., Thursday, Dec. 1,
- 8:30-9:30 a.m., Thursday, Dec. 8,
Abbati and LGUSD Assistant Superintendent Leslie Paulides will facilitate the meetings and gather the data that will be shared with the community online once it's completed.
The district expects to analyze the information in December and January, begin requests for proposals for the plan in January and then present options to the community during its 6:30 p.m., Jan. 24, 2012 Board of Education meeting.
The plan's contract is expected to be awarded to a firm at 6:30 p.m., during the trustees' Feb. 7 meeting and recommendations considered at a meeting tentatively set for 6:30 p.m., June 5.
Abbati is encouraging the public to contact her if more information is needed. She can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.