Thomas Culwell, age 12
School: seventh grader at
- 7 consecutive quarters with a 4.0 GPA at Fisher
- Enjoys playing the cello and piano
- First baseman for the Los Gatos Little League Rangers
- Swims with the Stingrays
- Serves as an acolyte at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, Los Gatos
- Member of Boy Scout Troop 501; working toward rank of First Class
- Volunteers for the Shining Stars Respite program at Calvary Church, Los Gatos
- Loves to watch his Bay Area sports teams
- Parents are John Culwell and Cathy Larson; younger sister, Mairin Culwell, is a fifth-grader at
Key to Awesomeness:
Thomas is one of those kids who is truly worth getting to know well, says proud mother Cathy Larson.
He is funny, inquisitive, intelligent, loves to laugh and is one of the hardest working kids around, mom adds.
Between sports, scouts, church and school, he has a very busy schedule.
But you can be assured that he is giving you his best effort in everything he undertakes, mom says.
“The key to awesomeness is to set your goals high and then always do your best,” says Thomas. “The harder you try, the more you will achieve!”