Noah Levy, Age 18
School: senior at the Harker School in San Jose, graduating next month!
- Earned Eagle Scout rank in March completing 23 badges, only 21 are required
- Proud member of Boy Scout Troop 539, based in Los Gatos
- Eagle service project rebuilt a dilapidated footbridge/horsebridge in Belgatos Park
- Fundraiser for Eagle project involved creating and selling home emergency preparedness kits in front of and
- Excells in photography, is an expert skier and loves to travel
- Has visited Japan, South America, Canada, Jamaica, England, Scotland, Wales, and France
- Will attend Tufts University, his first choice college, in Boston next fall
- Speaks Japanese and is in his sixth year of studying Japanese at Harker
- In 2010, he spent the summer abroad at a language school living with a host family in Tokyo
- Has played varsity baseball for four years
- AP scholar and passed a national Japanese language proficiency test
Keys to Awesomeness:
Proud mom Cheryl Levy said Noah has profound compassion for others giving him a unique understanding of what motivates and moves people.
"Acknowledging other people's needs and demonstrating appreciation for every single person in his life has made Noah a standout at school, in sports, and in scouting," she wrote in an email interview. "He presents a consistent 'attitude of gratitude,' and it is genuine. He takes no one for granted and he gives from the heart."
She continued: "It may sound trite, but Noah is someone who exemplifies the spirit of the Scout Laws every day in his words and deeds. He seems to always be thinking, 'What can I do to help?' He looks for the good in every person and experience. That, and the skills he has learned in his 11 years in scouting, have made him a ready problem-solver—prepared, knowledgeable, optimistic, and eager to take on the world."
Noah's father, Peter Levy, said: "Noah recently earned his Eagle Scout rank, the highest achievement in boy scouting. In so doing, he continually demonstrated leadership, citizenship, outdoors skills, emergency preparedness, public service, and teamwork. Noah is the starting center fielder for the Harker School Eagles baseball team, where he is having his best year in batting, fielding, and base running."
Other fun facts about Noah:
- He is a huge SF Giants fan
- Noah has lived in Los Gatos and Monte Sereno his entire life
- Went to Daves Avenue School K-3, then the Harker School
- He is an only child
- He currently resides in Monte Sereno