Nick Brodine, Age 15
School: Incoming sophomore at
- Inquisitive, athletic, entrepreneurial
- Sharks fan
- Skilled drummer who gives drum lessons
- Student Ambassador traveling abroad with People To People
- Dedicated worker fundraising for deserving groups as well as his own travels
- Demonstrates leadership as an active cadet in Civil Air Patrol-Avid (and speedy) reader
- A seven-year master of ice and roller hockey
- Fine trombone player in Fisher Middle School's Symphonic Band-Scours Popular Science and MAKE magazines getting inspiration for his inventions
- Wakeboarder, snow skier, mountain biker
- Volunteer at Hiller Aviation for summer youth camps
- History buff
- Straight-A student with honors
Key to Awesomeness: "Nick possesses an indomitable spirit and a can-do attitude," wrote proud mother Karen Brodine. "He will literally try anything."
Too frequently he states, "Next, I want to try ..." his mom said in an email interview.
His hobbies and interests are varied and many, she said, adding that Nick is an accomplished musician, student, athlete, traveler, son and brother.
He has tried and excelled at many sports, from team sports such as track, hockey, soccer, and rugby, and individual pursuits of biking, skiing, and golf, mom added.
His latest endeavor has been exercising his newly developed woodworking skills by creating carvings and earrings for his relatives and friends, according to mom.
"Nick has always been outgoing, caring, and inclusive of others, a true friend to many," mom stated. "The sky is the limit for this whiz kid who never ceases to amaze."