Dana Cullinane, age 16
School: senior at Los Gatos High School
- Has performed in more than 25 local theatre and musical theatre productions
- Finalist in the South Bay Teen Idol Competition, third place, March 2012
- Finalist in the Saratoga Idol Competition, second place, May 2012
- Previously a member of the renowned LGHS Jazz Purr
- Weekly anchor on the "News at Noon" at KCAT TV-15
- Assistant director of Christmas musicals at Los Gatos United Methodist Church
- First-degree black belt in tae kwon do
Key to Awesomeness:
Dana believes in being true to oneself and she's a devoted and loyal friend who cares deeply for her family and the community of Los Gatos, according to proud mom Nan Cullinane.
This whiz kid believes in serving her community and has donated numerous hours to fundraising projects, local service organizations and to her church, mom said.
Her true passion is musical theatre which she plans to pursue in college and hopefully as a career, mom added.
"The key to awesomeness is in discovering what brings you happiness in life," said Dana, who's happiest when she is on stage performing for others.
Most recently, she was given the opportunity to take over the lead role in the Sunnyvale Community Players production of Legally Blonde The Musical, running through Oct. 7.
Her feelings about the show: "This is the hardest thing I have ever done and yet I think it's the happiest I've ever been."
For details about the show, or how to purchase tickets, please click here.