Andrew Perry, Age 13
School: seventh-grader at Union Middle School in the Union Elementary School District.
- Played on the Union Middle School boys basketball team in sixth and seventh grades
- Active on basketball teams at and theon Oka Road since kindergarten
- Avid skateboarder since third grade, skateboarding is one of his biggest passions
- Attended Carlton Elementary School from kindergarten through fifth grade
- Enjoys school and does his best in every class
- True friend to everyone at school and in the community
- 1/4 Vietnamese and recently did a service trip in Northern Vietnam with Holy Cross Lutheran Church of Los Gatos, off of Los Gatos-Almaden Road
- Went on two major family trips to Vietnam to visit the village where his mother and grandmother grew up
- Likes to eat Vietnamese food, but beginning to learn Vietnamese
- Active at Holy Cross where his father Scott Perry serves as a pastor
- Plays guitar and goes to nursing homes to sing for the residents
Keys to Awesomeness:
According to Andrew: "Be positive and be a blessing to others around you. Always put God first. Don't care what other people say about you. Follow your dreams. Have passion. Don't hate-appreciate. Don't follow others. Do what you love and love what you do. Show that you care about others. Be yourself. Always try to have a good time. Make the best out of the worst. Cherish every day, the people around you, and our beautiful Earth. Don't be too serious. Don't take our great education, family and friends for granted. Love others as God loves us."