Amy Gregory, age 17
School: Senior at
- Patient Services volunteer at Good Samaritan Hospital
- Works at Phoenix Technical Publications in Willow Glen
- Math tutor
- Member of the LGHS Reality Check staff
- Completed the Susan G. Komen 60-mile 3-day fundraiser for breast cancer
- Plays violin since age 4
- Member of LGHS Speech and Debate team
- Three AP classes
- Finished college applications
Key to Awesomeness:
"You have to find things to do that you really enjoy doing," said this friendly whiz kid, when asked what's helping her achieve success. "I love tutoring and volunteering, so it stops feeling like a commitment. I also have made a lot of friends through violin and at Good Sam, so it's pretty fun to get to see them."
Another important factor to being "awesome" is choosing activities and causes that one believes in, Amy said in an email interview. "I love what Reality Check stands for, so I don't mind doing the work for it. It was the same with the three-day walk. I just loved being a part of something so amazing!"