The has named Jim Fredette, a history teacher at R.J. Fisher Middle School, as the 2011-12 Teacher of the Year.
Fredette was slated to publicly receive the recognition during , but was unable to attend due to a track meet. He’ll be recognized during the trustees' June 5 meeting.
Fredette was picked by colleagues to receive the recognition.
Five district employees have also been selected by their colleagues as distinguished employees for the 2011-12 school year.
The employees are:
- Jana Amin, administrative assistant to the assistant superintendent of curriculum and instruction, working out of the district office
- Tami Graves, library media specialist at
- Maureen O’Hara, a school nurse working out of the district office and serving all LGUSD sites
- Gay Orr, an instructional assistant, special education, at
- Jaime Stacy, a school psychologist/program specialist working out of the district office and serving and Van Meter