People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to soy or milk run the risk of a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products, the FDA warned in a news release.
The following recalled products with the indicated "sell by dates" are found in the bakery department only:
- Angel Food Cake (UPC# 2113010510) 9/1/13 to 10/1/2013
- Holiday Decorated Angel Food Cake 9/1/13 to 10/1/2013
- Angel Food Cups 4 Count 9/1/13 to 10/1/2013
- Cake Angel Food Loaf 9/1/13 to 10/1/2013
- Angel Food Cake Fruit Topped 9/1/13 to 10/1/2013
- Angel Food Cake Fruit Topped 9/1/13 to 10/2/2013
The sell by date can be located on the product label or the white scale label.
No illnesses or injuries have been reported.
The recalled Angel Food Cake products were sold in all Safeway, Carrs, Dominick’s, Genuardi’s, Pak ‘N Save, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb and Vons stores throughout the United States.
are asked to discard the product or return it to their local store for a
Customers who have questions about the recall can contact Safeway 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-877-SAFEWAY.
The Los Gatos Safeway stores are located at 15549 Union Ave., 1500 Pollard Rd. and 470 No. Santa Cruz Ave.