1. The Town of Los Gatos and Los Gatos-Saratoga Recreation will hold their annual Second Chance Day Donation Drive 10 a.m.-2 p.m., today, Sunday, Oct. 2, at the Adult Recreation Center, 208 East Main St. Specific items that were not sold during Saturday's community garage sale will be accepted for local shelters and nonprofit organizations. Details: http://www.LosGatosCA.gov/SecondChance, www.losgatosca.gov, or 408-354-6834.
2. The Magical Glass Pumpkin Patch takes place 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 2, at the Los Gatos High School. A holiday icon, the event attracts more than a 1,000 people from the Bay Area each year. Proceeds benefit the high school and local artists. Details: http://www.magicalglasspumpkinpatch.com/
3. will be providing flu shots to help local residents prepare for the winter flu and cold season. Shots will begin at 10:30 a.m., Monday. Oct. 3 at the Loma Prieta Community Room,, 23800 Summit Rd. There is no charge for those enrolled in Medicare Part B (bring your card), $25 if you are a member of another plan. The Mountain Program will be open for table games or, just stop by for some coffee and conversation! Bring a bag lunch. Details: 408-354-1514.
4. The Los Gatos Library, 110 E. Main St., will offer a class at 10 a.m., Wednesday, Oct. 5, first floor, on how to help patrons find, get and use free e-books. Staff will help library users access e-books through their e-book readers and answer questions. No sign-ups required. Details: 408-354-6891.
5. Santa Clara Youth Rugby is inviting young men and women to join its teams for the winter. Boys and girls under eight, under 10 and under 12 and middle-schoolers are encouraged to apply. They will play at Leigh High School. Practices begin Dec. 4 and they will be Sundays, noon-2 p.m. The U12 and middle-school teams also practice 5-7 p.m., Wednesdays. The Nor Cal Tournament is scheduled for April of 2012. Registration is open at www.santaclarayouthrugby.com. Registration closes Dec. 4, 2012. League fees range from $165 for U8 to $195 for the middle-school program and includes ball, uniform and USA Rugby membership. Fees increase in November, so early registration is recommended. Details: email@example.com.