Three small blazes this week in Los Gatos kept Santa Clara County firefighters busy, two of them related to lint build-up in clothes dryers.
The fires all occurred on Wednesday, Feb. 27 with the first one being reported as a natural vegetation fire that began at about 11 a.m. on Locust Drive.
It was caused by pellet stove heater sparks, which were thrown out of a vent, according to a fire report.
The second one was reported at 12:54 p.m. on Parr Avenue and was caused when lint in a clothes dryer vent hose caught on fire due to the build-up, the report said. The fire caused $100 in content losses.
The third blaze happened at about 5 p.m. on Chestnut Avenue and, as the last incident, began in the laundry room and was caused when lint in a dryer caught on fire.
The incident caused $1,000 in content losses.