The Tevis property was purchased by the Jesuits from the estate of Dr. Harry L. Tevis on April 13, 1934 for $85,000. Nine hundred and fifty acres came with the purchase. Two hundred and twelve additional acres reverted to the Jesuits at his death. This spacious room was the Tevis Clubhouse, and it also served as a library. Later on, it functioned as the Alma College Chapel. The Clubhouse was a separate building from the main house.
Provided by Los Gatos librarian Henry Bankhead