1. Don't miss the 55-Plus Program's “Let’s go bowling!!” event at 10:30 a.m., Monday, Nov. 21. Participants will meet at 10:15 a.m. at the 300 Bowling Lanes, 5420 Thornwood Drive, San Jose. After dazzling everyone with their bowling feats, bowlers will indulge in some delicacies from the nearby El Tule Oaxacan Restaurant, 5440 Thornwood Drive, No. 1, for “lunch on your own” around 11:45 a.m. Cost is $14. Details: Lynnette Vega, 650-747-0605.
2. , 110 E. Main St., will offer a class at 6:30 p.m., Monday, Nov. 21, first floor, on how to help patrons find, get and use free e-books. Staff will help library users access e-books through their e-book readers and answer questions. Join one of three groups offering e-reader specific instruction and get the most relevant information to you about your device. Group one will offer Kindle information, group two will offer iPad, iPhone and Android information; and group three will focus on the Nook, Sony and Kobo. Details: Adult reference desk, 408-354-6896.
3. Democracy in Action: The hosts a reception to honor the selection of the Los Gatos mayor and vice mayor immediately following an abbreviated 7 p.m. council meeting, Monday, Nov. 21, Town Hall Council Chambers, 110 E. Main Street. Details: 408-354-9300.
4. The Town is soliciting proposals from artists for banner designs for downtown Los Gatos. The banners will be installed in downtown Los Gatos, in the area surrounding Town Plaza Park. Artists must be 16 years of age or older, and must be a resident of Los Gatos, including its unincorporated neighborhoods. Designs must be on the theme of "The History and Arts of Los Gatos," or of "The Flora and Fauna of Los Gatos." Proposals are due by 5 p.m., Jan. 18, 2012. Details: Regina Falkner, 408-354-6832.
5. Make plans to attend the annual Los Gatos Interfaith Thanksgiving service at 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 22, at , 15985 Rose Ave. Religious leaders from several denominations, including Baha'i, Faith Lutheran Church, Congregation Shir Hadash, Los Gatos United Methodist Church, St. Luke's Episcopal Church, Presbyterian Church of Los Gatos, St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church and the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Los Gatos will participate in the observance. Details: 408-354-4061. Donations for the Habitat for Humanity All Faiths House will be accepted as well as food items for Second Harvest Food Bank.