1. Theatre in the Mountains presents Disney's musical Aladdin Jr. at 1 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 11 at the Loma Prieta Community Center, 23800 Summit Road. Tickets are $10 and you may purchase them online by clicking here. Dinner can be purchased one hour before the show and desserts and coffee will be available during intermission. Details: 408-353-9999 or email@example.com.
2. Come One! Come All! to ... the annual Los Gatos-Saratoga Branch of the American Association of University Women Holiday Party 2-4 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 11 at Nancy Anderson’s home, 13561 Lomond Court, Saratoga. Bring a plate of your favorite holiday savory finger-food, a dessert treat or a bottle of wine to share. A nonalcoholic punch will be provided. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The American Red Cross Northern California Region is sponsoring a mobile blood drive that's open to the public 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 13, at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 12770 Saratoga Ave., in Saratoga. Details: 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or go to redcrossblood.org. Sponsor code: POPLC84 to schedule an appointment.
4. The Santa Clara County Office of Affordable Housing is accepting applications for its owner-occupied Housing Rehabilitation Program in Los Gatos, Saratoga and the unincorporated areas of the county. The program helps low-income homeowners make improvements to their houses that address code deficiencies, health and safety issues, increase energy efficiency or make universal access (disability) modifications. Assistance is offered in the form of a deferred loan of 3 percent interest. The maximum loan amount is $100,000. Funding is limited and applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. To obtain an application visit the department at 70 West Hedding St., 7th floor, in San Jose, or call Michelle Peralta at 408-299-6712 to have an application mailed out to you. Details: Carlos Sanchez, 408-299-5724.
5. West Valley Community Services gift drive, to help low-income families in Los Gatos, Cupertino, Monte Sereno, Saratoga and West San Jose, continues until Friday, Dec. 16. New and unwrapped items for children ages 0-18 are needed. Toys can include puzzles, games, dolls, action figures and learning and educational materials. Other gifts can be umbrellas, home electronics, small appliances, school supplies, day planners. Clothing needed are jackets, rain coats, socks, underwear, knit caps, gloves, scarves, sweaters. Other things that can be donated are household items such as alarm clocks, personal heaters, towels, blankets, bedding, toothbrushes, tooth paste, lotion, hair dryers, brushes, combs and hair products. Donations must be dropped off at 10104 Vista Drive, in Cupertino. Details: 408-225-8033 x 305 or email@example.com.