It's a big year, this 2012.
No, not because there is a movie spelling the world's doom, or even what's sure to be a high-intensity presidential election.
It's a gigantic year because you can get involved and share information about Los Gatos like never before.
We have certainly grown and changed since we started in December 2010. So even if you think you know how to use Patch like a pro, we've got some surprises in store for you.
Here are 10 ways you can use Los Gatos Patch to stay informed and inform others.
- Know before you go. Wonder if traffic is backed up on Highway 9? Or where you should fill the gas tank before you hit the road? Always check our Traffic & Gas tool before you get stuck in a jam.
- Add photos any time you like to our brand new Neighborhood Gallery. Have great shots from the game last night, or wildlife spotted around the Los Gatos mountains? Now you can share it with everyone else in town—and an easy spot for your family to find it.
- Follow every step of a story. Use our follow-up feature to know when we post a new story about a topic you're vested in. Just click on the "Keep Me Posted" button at the bottom of your desired article.
- Tell neighbors about a great shopping or dining experience. Who better to trust with a review of a business than a neighbor? You can rate businesses—good or bad—by going to their Places page in the navigational bar above, and sharing your thoughts.
- Share an opinion by commenting on stories. What you think matters, so tell the rest of us what is on your mind.
- Let us know about a great story. Did you attend a fantastic PTA event or an exciting game? a write-up and a picture or two and we may post it on Los Gatos Patch.
- Blog. Want to share on a regular basis? Show off your expertise and become a go-to source by becoming a Local Voices blogger. Let us know your idea and we'll set you up right away.
- Post announcements for free. The old days of paying a publication to publish a wedding announcement or an obituary are history! Now you can tell the town when you get married, have lost a loved one, have a baby, graduate or make the honor roll.
- Give us a piece of your mind. Thank someone or let us know what you think of a topic by submitting a via email that we'll publish on the site.
- Get your news delivered every day by signing up via the newsletter link found on the bottom of the home page. Wake up and have Los Gatos Patch in your email inbox with the latest, freshest news around.