The event's sponsors are the Los Gatos Lions Club and Los Gatos Saratoga Recreation. There are 248 entries in the parade and attendance and participation combined is estimated at nearly 20,000 people.
The parade travels south on North Santa Cruz Avenue to Main Street, east on Main Street to Church Street, where it will terminate.
THE FOLLOWING STREETS WILL BE CLOSED 6 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Village Lane will be closed.
THE FOLLOWING STREETS WILL BE CLOSED 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Almendra, Bachman and Nicholson avenues from North Santa Cruz Avenue to Massol Avenue.
- Bean Avenue from North Santa Cruz Avenue to Tait Avenue.
- Tait Avenue from Los Gatos-Saratoga Road, or Highway9 to Nicholson Avenue.
- Wilder Avenue from Bachman to Nicholson avenues
- Victory Lane will be closed.
- NB Maple Lane
- SB Church Street
- NB High School Court
- SB Chicago
- SB turn lane from WB Los Gatos-Saratoga Road onto Massol Avenue
- North Santa Cruz Avenue from Los Gatos-Saratoga Road (Hwy 9) to Main Street.
- Main Street from North Santa Cruz Avenue to Pleasant Street
- Montebello Way from Main Street to the Post Office (Broadway) until 4 p.m.
- University Ave. from Elm Street to Main Street.
- NB College from Villa to Main
- NB Pageant from Villa to Main
- NB Fiesta from Villa to Main
- SB Pleasant Street from New York to E. Main Street
- WB Villa from Jackson to College
- WB Charles Street from Los Gatos Blvd. to Bella Vista Avenue. Resident Traffic Only
- WB Caldwell Avenue from Los Gatos Blvd. to Bella Vista Avenue. Resident Traffic Only
- Simons Way from Los Gatos Blvd to Bella Vista- Resident Traffic Only
- SB Los Gatos Blvd from Loma Alta to Pleasant- Resident traffic and Parade Personnel Only.
- NO PARKING ALLOWED IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS 5 a.m.-3 p.m.
- No parking along the parade route and No parking on closed streets.
- No parking in municipal parking lot number 1 between Bachman and Los Gatos/Saratoga Road (Hwy 9).
- No parking along Bella Vista from New York Avenue to Caldwell Avenue
- No parking along south bound Los Gatos Blvd from Hwy. 9 to Pleasant Street for emergency vehicle access.
- GENERAL TRAFFIC INFORMATION
- Traffic entering Los Gatos will be detoured by means of temporary barricades, cones and officers posted at strategic locations.
- Only parade, resident and hotel traffic will be allowed to continue past the barricades located at Los Gatos Blvd. and Loma Alta. All other traffic will be diverted onto SB Loma Alta, to NB Whitney to WB Stacia then back onto NB Los Gatos Blvd.
- Parade traffic will be allowed to proceed to NB Pleasant St. for drop off or parking. Parade traffic will exit onto WB New York Ave. to NB Bella Vista to EB Caldwell Ave. onto NB Los Gatos Blvd.
- Traffic entering town onto S. Santa Cruz Ave. from Hwy 17 may continue WB on Broadway to West Main St. to Bay View to Massol Ave. Massol Ave. will be able to exit onto Los Gatos-Saratoga Rd.
Queries concerning street closures and alternate routes should be addressed to
Los Gatos/Monte Sereno police Sgt. Steve Walpole, 408-354-6851, and those pertaining to the parade itself to LGS Recreation at 408-354-8700.
ALSO ON LOS GATOS PATCH:
- 2013 Los Gatos Parade: Map
- 2013 Los Gatos Parade: Roster
- Los Gatos 'Children's Christmas and Holidays' Parade Set For Saturday
- Los Gatos 2013 Holiday Event Guide
- Intero Los Gatos Offers Parade Parking to Help Charities
- Los Gatos King's Court Festival of Trees Kicks Off Saturday
- Hop On Board VTA’s 'Holly Trolley' For Holiday Fun!
Sign up for the free Los Gatos Patch newsletter | Like Los Gatos Patch on Facebook | Follow @GatosPatch on Twitter | Blog on Los Gatos Patch | Follow Los Gatos Patch on Instagram