Brigitte Li, age 14
School: Freshman at
- Excellent student—Principal Scholar and California Junior Scholarship Federation Honor Award,
- Cello player with school orchestra since fifth-grade at Van Meter Elementary School and then at Fisher Middle School
- Most Valuable Ensemble Member Fisher Middle School three times
- Member of San Jose Youth Symphony Intermezzo, Concert, and Chamber orchestras
- Accomplished alpine skier who spent time skiing with the Squaw Valley Big Mountain Team last winter
Key to Awesomeness:
Though Brigitte is an extremely focused and hard-working kid who gives at least 100 percent in everything she does, proud father Gary Li said what truly makes her an awesome person are her “softer” skills and qualities.
"She is extremely sensitive to the feelings of others and foremost on her mind is always how what she does, or what she says will impact them. Her dry and sometimes self-deprecating sense of humor also makes her a joy to be around," he said in an email interview.
He added: "Though not lacking in confidence, she has a strong streak of humility that will serve her well in the future. All that being said, Brigitte is a regular kid who loves summer vacation, Disneyland, and her cats, too!"