1. Congratulations toCouncilmembers Sue Garner and Curtis Rogers on their Dec. 6 appointments as mayor and vice mayor, respectively, of Los Gatos' neighboring city.
2. The Assistance League Los Gatos-Saratoga Chapter is hosting a luncheon today, Wednesday, Dec. 14 at 11:30 a.m., at La Rinconada Hills Condominium Complex, 100 Avenida Del Sol, Los Gatos. Gifts will be donated to the East San Jose Public Nurses Program for distribution among low-income families. Tickets are $10 per person. Details: Dru Barth, 408-354-3956.
3. COFFEE WITH THE EDITOR: 3-4 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 14, at Starbucks, 442 N. Santa Cruz Ave. Come enjoy this coffee klatch with Sheila Sanchez and friends. All content on the site is up for discussion. Look forward to seeing you there! Remember coffee is on Patch! Details: Sheila Sanchez, 408-391-8725.
4. Make your personal Judaica more meaningful by creating it yourself! Join the Center for Jewish Life and Learning for an art workshop at the Jewish Community Center, 7-9 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 15. Participants will explore one of the major themes of Hanukkah: lights. Inspired by the series at the Contemporary Jewish Museum. Details: APJCC Center for Jewish Life and Learning, 408-357-7411 or email@example.com.
5. West Valley Community Services gift drive, to help low-income families in Los Gatos, Cupertino, Monte Sereno, Saratoga and West San Jose, continues until Friday, Dec. 16. New and unwrapped items for children ages 0-18 are needed. Toys can include puzzles, games, dolls, action figures and learning and educational materials. Other gifts can be umbrellas, home electronics, small appliances, school supplies, day planners. Clothing needed are jackets, rain coats, socks, underwear, knit caps, gloves, scarves, sweaters. Other things that can be donated are household items such as alarm clocks, personal heaters, towels, blankets, bedding, toothbrushes, tooth paste, lotion, hair dryers, brushes, combs and hair products. Donations must be dropped off at 10104 Vista Drive, in Cupertino. Details: 408-225-8033 x 305 or firstname.lastname@example.org.