As if there weren't already enough going on this week, Zagat Survey, the national restaurant guide book, has informed us that it's Pizza Week.
According to the results of a nationwide tour testing standout pizza in all 50 states, the Zagat Survey has pronounced Pizza My Heart (multiple locations) as the best pizza in all of California.
Here's what the review said about Pizza My Heart (in particular, the Watsonville Apple Pizza):
"Ironically, Pizza My Heart co-founder Chuck Hammer said this pizza with apple on top of it started with their company’s deep desire to put bacon on a pizza. 'Who hasn’t seen the classic pig with an apple in its mouth?' asks Hammer.
More importantly, the salty-sweet combo just works. In addition to the bacon and fruit, Hammer’s team added spicy pepperoni to the mix to make it loud and clear that this was still a pizza. The gorgonzola added at the end rounds everything off with a creamy finish. In-the-know tip: you can custom-order nitrate-free bacon for your pie."
Locally, there are Pizza My Heart restaurants located at:
- 9 N Santa Cruz Avenue, Los Gatos
- 20530 Stevens Creek Blvd., Cupertino
- 1875 S. Bascom Ave., Campbell
- 1116 Pacific Ave # B, Santa Cruz
- 850 El Paseo de Saratoga, Saratoga,
- 110 E. El Camino Real, Sunnyvale
- 220 University Avenue in Palo Alto
- 1037 El Monte, Mountain View
- 831 Middlefield Road, Redwood City
- 140 E. Fourth Street, San Mateo
- 235 Primrose Road, Burlingame
you agree with Zagat's rating? Tell us in the comments below. And to see the
entire list of top pizzerias in all 50 states, click here.