1. Get ready for the Sunday ride, which has a format suitable for all levels of riders and training goals. It's free for members. The ride begins at 8:30 a.m. at the intersection of So. Springer Road and Foothill Expressway in Los Altos. Details: Steve Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408-732-0300.
2. Have you signed up for the second-annual Jill’s Ride for Hope, 7 a.m.-2 p.m. Aug. 27, beginning at Los Gatos High School? The fundraising event helps the nonprofit CASSY—Counseling and Support Services for Youth— at which provides students with crisis intervention, ongoing counseling and proactive mental health education at no charge. It has been at LGHS full time since shortly after Jill Naber's death and the deaths of two students from separate causes. The event will feature a 5K bike ride, run or walk, a 30K bike ride and a 100K bike ride for serious athletes. There will also be a barbecue lunch at the school’s Memorial Plaza. Details: jillsrideforhope.com.
3. Enjoy the ninth free Music in the Park summer outdoor concert, 5-7 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 21, Los Gatos Civic Center Lawn, 110 E. Main St. The show is part of the popular MIP series, a fixture of the Los Gatos summer scene. The act this Sunday is Jukebox Heroes. Music in the Park, which started more than two decades ago, is produced through a partnership between the Town and Los Gatos Music & Arts, best known for its successful Jazz on the Plazz concert series. Details: Valerie Hopkins or Marianne Hamilton, 408-354-1155.
4. The in Saratoga 7:30 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 21, 14831 Pierce Rd. The popular trio will be joined by artists Michelle Branch and Parachute for an outdoor concert experience that will surely close out your weekend in style. Tickets are between $35-$85. Details: 877-686-5366.
5. Want to prepare for a future leadership role in the community, or simply learn more about the Town? Apply to be a part of Leadership Los Gatos! Sponsored by the Town of Los Gatos and the Chamber of Commerce, Leadership LG is a great way to give back to the town you love so much. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, Aug. 31. Details: 408-354-9300.