St. Patrick's Day is Saturday and, for many, it's time to celebrate like the Irish with lots of fun beverages, delicious food and the great company of friends. Los Gatos' nightlife will never be more alive with events than this weekend. Here are five options to consider, and may the luck of the Irish be with you!
1. is having its annual celebration starting at 11:30 a.m. and into early Friday morning. The party will once again include all-you-can-eat ribs, chicken, corned beef, salads, desserts, plus Big Bill Callahan's Oyster Bar, Irish dancers, live music and the Hannegan's Home Boys Pipe Band all for $50. On Sunday, March 18, the pub will also celebrate co-owner Chris Benson's birthday.
2. will be celebrating St. Paddy’s Day with a double-header show starting at 8 featuring The Gallow Glasses, a four-piece acoustic celtic folk band based in San Jose. The Gallow Glasses will be playing both little-known songs in interesting arrangements and also a lot of your old pub favorites. Then from 9 p.m.-1 a.m., it will present the soulful sounds of rhythm-and-blues vocalist Jackie Turner.
3. Another great place to celebrate is downtown bar . Bartender Mike Downing is super friendly and eager to please his customers. He's also all about wishing everyone well as the Irish do on this special day.
4. will be serving corned beef and cabbage all day starting at 11 a.m. with drink specials such as Jamesons, 20 oz. Gunness, Irish carbombs and green Bud Lights. DJ Goldenchild will begin playing some fun Irish dance tunes starting at 9 p.m.
5. will be serving its popular corned beef sandwich all day Saturday and to kick off March Madness, it will also be offering $1 off Great White Ale and $5 for $15 mix-and-match 16 oz. Miller Lite and Coors Light bottles. Corned beef dinner will also be on the menu. All March Madness games will be shown on the restaurant's 20-plus large-screen TVs and a couple of green beers will be served.
Editor's Note: We're running a Readers' Choice poll, which closes at 9 a.m. today, Friday, March 16 asking for your input on the best place to celebrate St. Paddy's Day. If you haven't voted yet, please do by clicking here.