Niki Surma, Age 12
- Straight A student
- Competitive swimmer on Team Peak Junior Elite
- Qualified for Junior Olympics and Far Western swim meets
- Has achieved Pacific Rank Times and Western Zone Consideration Times
- Cross country and track runner at Raymond J. Fisher Middle School 2010-11
- First sixth-grader to qualify for Lynbrook Invitational Cross Country Meet
- 2010 girls Fisher Middle School Cross Country MVP
- Qualified for Cross Country Junior Olympics
- Member of cross country and track league champion team at Fisher-2010
Key to Awesomeness: "Niki is an extremely caring and honest person, who is very responsible and always works hard to put forth her best effort in all her endeavors," said proud mom Shin Surma. "She is very dedicated to her swimming and running activities, and maintains a rigorous training schedule."
However, mom said, these activities do not take precedence over her scholastic interests, and thus Niki balances her training schedule with a disciplined study regime.
Niki is also an avid reader and a great artist, who loves to draw and sketch, according to mom, who added that this whiz kid also volunteers her time at the . "She receives great joy from working with the residents of the community."