By 1906 the desire for a high school building separate from the grammar school
located on a different site was expressed.
A $30,000 bond was passed on Jan. 17, 1907 to build a new high school building, which opened in 1908.
It stood at the crest of High School Court and the land fronting on Main Street was purchased in 1911.
The building showed California Mission influence and was located approximately
where the high school library presently stands.
When a new high school was built in 1925, the old building was retained and
used for classrooms and industrial shops.
Sections were torn down over the years, until none of this building remained by 1955.
Source: Hooked on Los Gatos, the Library and Museum History Project
Sign up for the free Los Gatos Patch newsletter | Like Los GatosPatch on Facebook | Follow @GatosPatch on Twitter | Blog on Los Gatos Patch | Follow Los Gatos Patch on Instagram