However, the local UMC is NO LONGER accepting such donations and is asking the public to take their leftovers to the Goodwill truck located at the corner of Lark Avenue and Winchester Boulevard.
The truck will accept all donations EXCEPT for the following:
- Household trash
- Large appliances
- Automobile parts
- Construction debris — lumber, concrete, bricks, etc.
- Furniture in need of repair – soiled, stained, missing pieces, etc.
- Hazardous household chemicals or liquids of any kind — paints, insecticides, oils, flammables, alcohol, etc.
- Weapons of any kind
Exceptions to this rule:
- Mattresses are only accepted at Goodwill stores or at its main plant for a $10 recycling fee.
- Scrap metal and plastic will be accepted — not subject to donation receipt — at our main plant facility.
Goodwill is also a certified e-waste collector. You can drop off your residential e-waste free of charge at any of its donation centers, including the truck in Los Gatos.