Many links online are discovered when they are shared on social media. The best way to get more eyeballs on your blog is to spread your content to the relevant audiences online. Here are a few tips to do it:
1. Share a link to your blog on other Facebook pages that are relevant to the topic you are writing about. Are you a small business owner? Post a link to your blog on the chamber’s Facebook page. Are you a mom writing about school issues? Share the link on your school’s PTA Facebook page.
2. Use Twitter to connect with other bloggers who write about what you do. Hashtags are a great way to discover content on a topic. See who is using #gardening or #photography on Twitter and tweet your links to them (to tweet at someone just use @username in Twitter). Remember, they’ll probably tweet links at you too, so be sure to return the favor and share good links on the topic to your followers.
3. Share your blogs on your linkedin profile. Just about any writing that you do will be of interest to your network on linkedin. It will also show your web skills.
4. Encourage any users or fans of your blog to click the ‘like’ Facebook button on your blogging page on Patch. This will generate in a Facebook news feed and help alert more people to your blog.
5. For the more advanced, consider starting a Facebook page specifically for your blog. Include the topic on your page (Recipes by Colleen, Bicycling Safety Tips) and then grow your audience by following some of the above steps. Make sure the content isn’t always about your blog and be sure to engage or respond to anyone who posts on your page!