1. Theannual collection for its White Cane Days fundraiser will be held 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Friday and Saturday, Oct. 7-8. The Lions raise money for sight-related services and they need your glasses to distribute to those in need. All proceeds go directly to services for sight such as the Santa Clara Valley Blind Center. Lions Club members will be at Safeway at Union and Los Gatos Almaden Road, (pending confirmation), Nob Hill Grocery at Los Gatos Almaden Road and Los Gatos Boulevard, Lunardi's in King's Court and Los Gatos Main Post Office to collect donations and used eye glasses. Details: 408-356-1266.
2. in Los Gatos, 219 Bean Ave., will be having its free Country Fair beginning at 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 7, continuing on Saturday, Oct. 8 and ending at 5 p.m. Oct. 9. The event features fun family activities such as carnival rides, country shopping, dancing, food booths, Butler Rides, a talent show, entertainment and more. Details: Lisa Fanslau and Anne Milligan, 408-354-3944.
3. The second annual K9 Cancer Walk takes place 9 a.m., Sunday, Oct. 9, at Vasona Lake Park, 333 Blossom Hill Rd., in Los Gatos. Proceeds from the event benefit the Morris Animal Foundation's Canine Cancer Campaign. The long walk is 1.8 miles and the short walk is .33 miles. Registration, check-in and vendors open at 9 a.m., followed by a welcome ceremony at 10 a.m. and the walk starting at 10:30 a.m. There will also be an awards ceremony, speakers, exhibits and canine celebration. To register, please click here.
4. Care More, San Jose State University, 's 55-Plus program and the Town of Los Gatos are presenting a health fair 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 8 at the Adult Recreation Center, 208 East Main St., in Los Gatos. The event is free and will include flu shots, variety of health screenings, including glucose, dental, blood pressure, refreshments, goodie bags, freebies and more. Details: 408-354-1514.
5. The deadline for entries in the 55th annual Dec. 3 Children's Christmas/Holidays Parade is 4 p.m., Monday, Oct. 17. The event is a great family celebration that captures the warmth of the holiday season each year with festive entries, musical wonders and plenty of cheer. To download an entry registration form, please click here. Details: Michelle Varno at 354-8700, ext. 226. You may also mail entries at Holiday Parade, 123 E. Main St., Los Gatos, 95030, or faxt to 408-395-3828. Entries can also be emailed to email@example.com.