1. will be providing flu shots to help local residents prepare for the winter flu and cold season. Shots will begin at 10:30 a.m., Monday. Oct. 3 at the Loma Prieta Community Room,, 23800 Summit Rd. There is no charge for those enrolled in Medicare Part B (bring your card), $25 if you are a member of another plan. The Mountain Program will be open for table games or, just stop by for some coffee and conversation! Bring a bag lunch. Details: 408-354-1514.
2. The Los Gatos Town Council will hold a meeting at 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 3, at Town Hall's Council Chambers, 110 E. Main St., that will be broadcast live on KCAT, Channel 15. To see the agenda, please click here. Details: 408-354-6832.
3. , 110 E. Main St., will offer a class at 10 a.m., Wednesday, Oct. 5, first floor, on how to help patrons find, get and use free e-books. Staff will help library users access e-books through their e-book readers and answer questions. No sign-ups required. Details: 408-354-6891.
4. As part of Los Gatos Preparedness Month, Los Gatos Prepared is hosting its annual blood drive noon-6 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 5 at the Addison-Penzak Jewish Community Center, 14855 Oka Rd. To make an appointment click here or call 1-866-236-3276. Appointments are available noon-6 p.m. Details: Jackie Rose, community outdreach coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or 408-354-6853.
5. The Town of Los Gatos is holding a townwide, K-12 Safe Routes to School week Oct. 3-9 during school drop-off and pick-up times. All schools and students in town are encouraged to participate and contribute to improving the health of students and the environment by reducing traffic congestion around the schools. The easiest way to participate is to not use a vehicle for the school commute—walk, bike, or skateboard instead. For those who don't live close enough to walk or bike, or who drive for other reasons, there are ways you, too, can be a part of the program: carpool or use safe and legal drop-off and pick-up spots away from congested areas around the school. If your school has issued a Parent Driver Contract, sign it—you are simply committing your family to always use safe driving practices around schools and when students are present. Details: 408-354-6851 or swalpole@LosGatosCa.Gov.