1. Society Dog, a Los Gatos-based social club for dogs and their people, presents its 10th annual"Howling Halloween," event 6-8 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 22, in downtown Los Gatos, near U.S. Bank, 127 No. Santa Cruz Ave. The event is a trick-or-treat extravaganza for your canine friends! Prizes will be awarded for best costumes! Early online registration is $15 and $20 on the day of the event. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org. Costume contest categories include best individual dog, best small team (max group of four, minimum of one human and one dog—all in costume; best large team (minimum group of five with at least two dogs —all in costume, best "green" individual dog (dog costume made entirely of recycled materials); 4-6 foot nonretractable leashes ONLY.
2. In recognition of October being National Sudden Cardiac Arrest Awareness Month, BabyBuzz, 35 W. Main St., the popular downtown infant and toddler boutique, is sponsoring a free “Sidewalk CPR” training class 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 22. Volunteer instructors will train the public in CPR, the use of automated defibrillators and the Heimlich maneuver. This is not a certified course. The business holds a CPR certification class on the third Wednesday of every month. Details: 408-395-8000.
3. The Los Gatos Saratoga Observation Nursery School presents its 5K Turkey Trot 9 a.m., Sunday, Nov. 6, at Vasona Lake County Park, 333 Blossom Hill Rd. Same-day registration takes place at 9 a.m., with the race starting at 11 a.m. Snacks will be provided for participants, and lunch will be available for purchase immediately following the race. Post-race activities include a musical performance featuring Mr. David & The Buckwild Band, activities hosted by Mt. School classes and raffle drawing. Pre-registration fee is $25 for adults and $15 for youth ages 6-15. Late registration fee is $30 for adults and $20 for youth ages 6-15. Children 5 and under are free. Register online atActive.com or download this registration form (doc) and bring it to the event. Details: Tracy email@example.com.
4. is inviting the public to nominate someone from the community for the honor of "Grand Marshal" to preside over the Dec. 3 Los Gatos Children's Christmas and Holidays Parade. To submit a nomination, download a form by clicking here. Completed forms may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Los Gatos Parade Committee, attention Michelle Varno, 123 E. Main St., Los Gatos, CA 95030. Deadline for submitting nomination forms is 4 p.m., Nov. 1. Details: Michelle Varno, 408-354-8700 ext. 226.
5. , 4 Tait Ave., in partnership with presents a two-part exhibition of site-specific installations: Inside and Outside: The Work of Claudia Borgna.The event runs through Nov. 17. With cases of recycled plastic bags in tow, Borgna has lead a semi-nomadic life traveling the world and examining the relationship between nature and the manmade world through her work. Her installations explore how the “plastic” and the natural realms interact with one another and create new ephemeral orders. Borgna has exhibited throughout Europe, Mexico and the USA. Details: 408-354-2646.