1. COFFEE WITH THE EDITOR: 3-4 p.m., today, Wednesday, Oct. 19, at , 442 No. Santa Cruz Ave. Come enjoy this coffee klatch with Sheila Sanchez and friends. All content on the site is up for discussion. Look forward to seeing you there! Remember coffee is on Patch! Details: Sheila Sanchez, 408-391-8725.
2. The Los Gatos Monte Sereno Police Foundation presents its 22nd annual police recognition luncheon 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 20 at the, 123 Los Gatos Blvd. The event will feature a "fiesta buffet" catered by chef Mario Tafalla. Los Gatos residents, businesses and organizations are invited to attend and meet the members of the local department who serve the community. Tickets are $20 per person. Details: Gwen Cross, 408-354-6842.
3. retirement center celebrates its 40th anniversary 2-4 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 20 on its promenade with the sounds of the 18-piece Velvet Swing band, refreshments and good friends. More than 100 guests, including Los Gatos Mayor Joe Pirzynski, Town Manager Greg Larson and other public officials will present a proclamation to commemorate the occasion. Details: Jane Doherty, 408-354-0219.
4. Society Dog, a Los Gatos-based social club for dogs and their people, presents its 10th annual "Howling Halloween," event 6-8 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 22, in downtown Los Gatos, near U.S. Bank, 127 No. Santa Cruz Ave. The event is a trick-or-treat extravaganza for your canine friends! Prizes will be awarded for best costumes! Early online registration is $15 and $20 on the day of the event. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org. Costume contest categories include best individual dog, best small team (max group of four, minimum of one human and one dog—all in costume; best large team (minimum group of five with at least two dogs —all in costume, best "green" individual dog (dog costume made entirely of recycled materials); 4-6 foot nonretractable leashes ONLY.
5. The Los Gatos Saratoga Observation Nursery School presents its 5K Turkey Trot 9 a.m., Sunday, Nov. 6, at Vasona Lake County Park, 333 Blossom Hill Rd. Same-day registration takes place at 9 a.m., with the race starting at 11 a.m. Snacks will be provided for participants, and lunch will be available for purchase immediately following the race. Post-race activities include a musical performance featuring Mr. David & The Buckwild Band, activities hosted by Mt. School classes and raffle drawing. Pre-registration fee is $25 for adults and $15 for youth ages 6-15. Late registration fee is $30 for adults and $20 for youth ages 6-15. Children 5 and under are free. Register online at Active.com or download this registration form (doc) and bring it to the event. Details: Tracy at email@example.com.