1. The Los Gatos Wildcats renew their old rivalry with the Leigh High School Longhorns tonight at 7 p.m. at Helm Field. Both teams qualified for the CCS playoffs and both wound up in division II. Details: 408-354-2730.
2. Los Gatos High School presents "Noises Off!" a comedy written by Michael Frayn at 7 p.m., tonight, Friday, Nov. 18, in the school theater. Called the funniest farce ever written, Noises Off is a behind-the-scenes look at a manic menagerie of actors rehearsing a flop called "Nothing On." Doors slamming, on- and backstage intrigue, and an errant herring all figure in the plot of this hilarious and classically comic play. The play runs through Nov. 19.
3. 55-Plus Program's Friday Cinema presents the free movie Michael Clayton at 1 p.m., Friday, Nov. 18, at the , 208 E. Main St. Screenwriter Tony Gilroy delivers a finely
tuned directorial debut with this dramatic thriller about burned-out corporate lawyer Michael Clayton (George Clooney), a man who’s built his career on cleaning up other people’s messes. When a guilt-ridden colleague threatens the settlement of a multimilliondollar case, Clayton faces his biggest challenge yet. Details: 408-354-1514.
4. The Town is soliciting proposals from artists for banner designs for downtown Los Gatos. The banners will be installed in downtown Los Gatos, in the area surrounding Town Plaza Park. Artists must be 16 years of age or older, and must be a resident of Los Gatos, including its unincorporated neighborhoods. Designs must be on the theme of "The History and Arts of Los Gatos," or of "The Flora and Fauna of Los Gatos." Proposals are due by 5 p.m., Jan. 18, 2012. Details: Regina Falkner, 408-354-6832.
5. West Valley Community Services presents "Chefs of Compassion: Cooking for a Cause Dinner" cook-off fundraiser 5 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 19 at the of Silicon Valley, 14855 Oka Rd. Tickets are $100 per person and $1,000 for a table of 10. Emcee will be Mike Inouye, NBC Bay Area traffic anchor. Cooking will be Chef Carlos Sanchez, Parcel 104; Chef Chris Schloss, Cin-Cin Wine Bar; Chef Nanci Wokas, Cooking with Class; and Chef Jay Essadki, Morocco's Restaurant. Details: 408-255-8033. Buy your tickets by clicking here.