1. More than 20 families who live in the mountain community of Los Gatos will be holding a flea market 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., to benefit the at the Loma Prieta Community Field, 23845 Summit Rd., behind the preschool. Participants will get to enter a raffle to win a $1,000 Visa gift card. Details: http://www.buildingblockscoop.org/
2. The , 14855 Oka Road, is hosting a free outdoor music and art festival today, 1-8 p.m. Performers include the David Grisman and Andy Statman Quartet, Elana Jagoda, Craig Taubman, PapaHugs and The Macaroons. There will be art and food as well, but guests are welcome to bring a picnic. Details: www.SiliconVal leyJCC.org/music or 408-357-7411.
3. The at Vasona Park is having an open house, noon-4 p.m. Although it’s an afternoon event, the theme is “Good Morning Animals.” Toads, newts, snakes and chinchillas are among the animals that visitors will meet. Admission to the nature center is free. However, there is a $6 vehicle entry fee. Details: www.youthscience.org.
4. Biking, Birding and Breakfast, 8-11 a.m., at . Take an 18-mile strenuous bike ride on the Los Gatos Creek Trail. Bring food to share and stay for a breakfast social at the end of the ride. Adults only, please. Meet at the Ranger Office. Details: 408-356-2729.
5. Join Dr. Ellen Rencher, exercise physiologist and chiropractor, for a special spring weekend clinic 9 a.m.-12 noon, Sunday, May 22. Early sign-up is required but call in case there are openings. Cost is $80. Learn how to increase your speed and performance, prevent injuries, increase your running efficiency, and eliminate downhill knee pain. Each runner will be evaluated, each runner's stride will be analyzed, and each runner will learn how to run downhill to avoid knee pain and prevent serious injury. Details: back2active.com or 408-395-1122.