1. Los Gatos Creek Cleanup Day: Assemblyman Jim Beall Jr. holds a cleanup day this morning, 10 a.m.-noon at Campbell Park between Campbell and Camden avenues. Wear sturdy footwear. Trash bags, gloves and trash sticks will be provided. (registration 9:45 a.m.). Details: 408-282-8920 or frances. email@example.com.
2. The Sereno Group is offering a free e-waste recycling collection event today, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at three locations in Los Gatos, Los Altos and Santa Cruz. The Los Gatos event is being held at 214 Los Gatos-Saratoga Road. Items accepted include TVs, monitors, computers, laptops, cell phones, telecom equipment, wire, cable, PC boards, scrap metal, printers, fax and copy machines, etc. No household appliances such as vacuum cleaners, toasters or ovens will be accepted. Details: 408-335-1400.
3. Friends of Samantha Green, who was born with a rare genetic condition known as Primary Autosommal Recessive Microcephaly and has cerebral palsy, are holding a 'Sweatin' for Sammy' 5K run walk at 9 a.m. today, at Almaden Quicksilver County Park, to raise money to help her family pay for specialized therapy she will receive in September. A three-week therapy session costs $6,000 so Samantha's family needs all the help it can receive. Details: www.sweatingforsammy.com.
4. Mark your calendars today so you don't miss this event tomorrow. The Silicon Valley Jewish Music Festival will take place 1-8 p.m., Sunday, May 22, at the Addison-Penzak Jewish Community Center, 14855 Oka Rd. The free outdoor music concert will feature performances by the David Grisman and Andy Statman Quartet, Elena Jagoda, Craig Taubman, PapaHugs and the Macaroons. The event includes food and arts vendors. Guests are invited to bring a blanket and a picnic. Details: 408-357-7411 or www.Silicon ValleyJCC.org/music.
5. Another one to put on your planner today so you don't miss it tomorrow, Sunday. Biking, Birding and Breakfast, 8-11 a.m., Sunday, May 22, at Vasona County Park. Take an 18-mile strenuous bike ride on the Los Gatos Creek Trail. Bring food to share and stay for a breakfast social at the end of the ride. Adults only, please. Meet at the Ranger Office. Make your reservations today while you can. Details: 408-356-2729.