1. Beginning runners: Plan to get up early today, Wednesday, July 13, for a run with Christine Kennedy, first-place winner of the 2009, 2010 and 2011 Boston Marathon in the 50+ age group, and co-owner of in Los Gatos. Christine leads this free beginners running workout at 7 a.m. every Wednesday. The group meets in front of the store at 55 W. Main St., rain, hail or shine, for the workout on Los Gatos Creek Trail. Details: 408-354-7365.
2. Be sure to attend the free Los Gatos Wellness Festival today, Wednesday, July 13, 1:30-3:30 p.m., at the Los Gatos Adult Recreation Center, 208 E. Main St. The event will feature wonderful free services such as chair massages, blood pressure screenings, wellness assessments, in addition to lots of freebies and giveaways from Whole Foods, Walgreens, Jamba Juice, CareMore and more! More than 20 vendors will be participating. Details: 408-354-1514.
3. Enjoy the fourth concert tonight, Wednesday, July 13, 6:30-8:30 p.m., featuring Nellie McKay. The Wednesday concerts are free and continue through Aug. 24 at Town Plaza, at the intersection of West Main Street and Santa Cruz Avenue near the post office. Details: Teri Hope, 408-354-1155.
4. If you want to give your input on the qualities and qualifications of the next superintendent of the, please make plans to participate in a public forum with the agency's search firm Leadership Associates 6-7:15 p.m., Thursday, July 14 and Aug. 16 at Los Gatos and at Saratoga high schools, 20 High School Court and 20300 Herriman Ave., respectively. Details: Jane Marashian at 408-354-5980.
5. Mark your calendars for this event tomorrow, Thursday, July 14. Jazz Night by the Pool, 7-9 p.m., at the , 14855 Oka Road Suite 201. Enjoy jazz guitar, wine and cheese out by the pool. Admission is $5 for JCC members, $7 for non-members. Details: Dina Jacobson at email@example.com or 408-357-7499.